Brian & Sarah Mahiques
Children Ministry Director
The vision of Encounter Church is to foster an atmosphere for intimacy with God in our fellowship and in the heart and lives of the people we encounter daily.
The following nine distinctives are foundational to Encounter Church. Since our beginnings, they have been at the heart of who we are as a fellowship of believers.
We are… a culture of honor where every person is valued. We recognize they bear the image of God (Gen 1:27,31) and have a divine destiny to fulfill (Psalm 139).
We recognize… sin has marred this image in all of us (Rom 3:23) and we can only begin to restore our identity and destiny through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (2Cor 5:27).
We believe… our relationship with Jesus Christ is living and active (Hebrew 4:12) through Gods Word in our hearts, and is to be encountered and experienced daily.
We emphasize… this relationship is best experienced through our hearts where Christ dwells (Eph 3:17-21) and best realized in lives that rest fully on the grace from his completed work on the cross, Resurrection from the grave and Ascension to the right hand of Father God.
We highlight… Our position of being seated with Christ (Eph 2:6) as sons and daughters. From rest, we actively experience Father God’s intimate love for us through Christ (1 John 3:1-2).
We cooperate… actively with Holy Spirit, providing a safe environment where hearts can be healed, and set ablaze by Gods purposes. (Isa. 61, Acts1:8).
We strategize… to be a fellowship where the gifts of the Holy Spirit are activated in every person, and leaders are trained and commissioned for their calling (1Cor 14:1).
We look… to always see the value in people that others may not, seeking God’s perspective over mans opinions (1Sam16:7).
We do… all ministry through relationship. Ministry, service, and evangelism are accomplished by inviting others to do life together with us (Acts 2:42).
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. The Holy Spirit inspired the writers of the Old and New Testaments pointing to Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally revealed to the world in the Father, the Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit – the Trinity. By Him were all things created.
- We believe that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ to redeem all of mankind. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life on this earth, performed many undeniable miracles, was crucified for our sins, buried and was raised from the dead for our justification.
- We believe that by the name of Jesus Christ, and His name only, can mankind be saved. Jesus Christ sits at the Right Hand of the Father and will return personally in power and glory to receive His Church unto Himself.
- We believe that mankind is sinful by nature and will perish without the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as revealed in His Gospel. That God wishes that no one should perish, but that all would come to this saving knowledge through the preaching of the Gospel to a lost and hopeless world.
- We believe in the multi-faceted work of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin, revelation of the truth of the Gospel of Christ, drawing of the sinner to God, adoption of mankind into the Body of Christ through regeneration, and the distribution and administration of the Gifts and Fruit of the Holy Spirit in the believer’s life.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the “baptizer with the Holy Spirit” for the empowerment of the Church through the Baptism with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.